Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

2012 was only slightly better than 2011 for me. And for those of you who know me, 2011 was pretty much the worst year of my life (aside from having my beautiful, ornery Liam.)

2012 still held way too much drama, disappointment, backstabbing, pain, regret and fear. Once again people we thought we could trust turned out to be villains.

Our medical dramas were far from over, as usual. Aiden was diagnosed with Aspergers and Grady had the worst asthma attack ever and ended up in the ER several times for various reasons (head wound, stomach flu, asthma.) and had surgery to remove his tonsils. Liam was diagnosed with seasonal asthma. My brother even had his own medical drama and spent 4 days at Rainbow's babies and children's hospital in Cleveland.

But of course it wasn't all bad.

Liam has grown and changed so much this year. He is full of trouble and energy. He is super smart and amazes us every single day. He keeps me VERY very busy! He still has trouble sleeping but honestly, I don't mind the cuddles he gives in the morning. He's growing up too fast already!



My little Grady hasn't grown a whole lot this year. He's still tiny. But he's been discharged from speech therapy and physical therapy. He's learned how to write his name this year. You may not think that's such a huge deal for an almost 5 year old....but for a child with a major fine motor delay; it's HUGE! He's obsessed with worker things. He asks a million and a half questions a day. Literally. I don't think I'm over estimating on that. I may be under estimating....
It's so hard to believe he's going to be turning 5!



And my Aiden. In 2012 Aiden graduated 3rd grade and Elementary School with straight A's. He started 4th grade and middle school and is so far maintaining an A average! He's become a lego master. Has rode every single roller coaster at Cedar Point (most of them solo!). Aiden earned a first place blue ribboned metal in the Practice Chanter Competition this summer. He's doing awesome in bagpipe lessons and will be ready for a set of pipes as soon as we can afford them!  Aiden has also started in the Big Brother Big Sister program. Just at the beginning of December, he met his assigned Big Brother, who is awesome and such a blessing to us. Aiden is so excited about every minute they get to spend together.



And me?  2012 I decided to take control of me again. In 2012 I've lost 43 lbs. I've gone from a size 26 to an 18. I've given up pop/soda. I work out regularly but I still have a long way to go. In 2013 I plan on hitting my goals. Hopefully before we go to Disney World. I've also made some great new friends that I've come to cherish like sisters!

Highlights of 2012:

*Many Cedar Point trips.

*Irish Festival extravaganzas in Cleveland and Dublin and seeing Enter the Haggis at Beachland Ballroom.

*Aiden winning his blue ribbon in practice chanter.

*Grady's discharge from speech and physical therapy.

*Liam becoming an amazing little person.

*Getting our dog, Moe the Moose!


*Being a Screamster at Cedar Point for Halloweekends. Can't wait for 2013 Halloweekends!

*The boys taking horse back riding therapy. Meeting some amazing, wonderful people who work through Stampede of Dreams. Can't wait until they start again this summer!

*Aiden being involved in the Big Brother program and being blessed with an amazing Big Brother and his wife. Very Thankful for Victor and Robin!

*Brett doing an amazing job building a career and taking care of us. I'm so proud of all he's accomplished this year.

*Aiden turning 9, Grady turning 4 and Liam's first Birthday!

*Meeting some new friends, previously known as the Disney Freak friends.... Currently known as my Disney Sisters!

*Having an awesome summer with my sister being home and growing closer in our relationship.

*Getting a van that fits my family.

*Going to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum with my Grandma and seeing Aiden's amazement at the Titanic Exhibits.

*My Mom getting a job that is perfect for her!!

*My Grandma getting a dog that is perfect for her!

*Losing weight and changing my life.

*A wonderful Christmas!

2012 was another roller coaster year....but these moments (and many more I'm sure I'm forgetting....) Well I wouldn't trade them for anything!



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! May all your dreams come true in 2013!  We're looking forward to some big birthdays (Aiden will be 10, Grady 5 and Liam 2), a possible job change for Brett and DISNEY WORLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment