Monday, July 25, 2011

Coolest Night EVER!

This past weekend was the Cleveland Cultural Irish Festival in Berea, Ohio.  Being big into our Irish heritage, we love going to Irish Festivals and this one is always a lot of fun!

It's always great when our favorite bands play as well; Scythian and Seven Nations!!

Scythian played first and Aiden and Devon went into the pit to watch. Dan, the guitarist/accordian/singer, noticed Aiden right away (he had on a bagpipe shirt of course!) and grinned at him. Now Scythian is a very very very high energy concert. There is a lot of bouncing, dancing and clapping. It is one of the funnest concerts I have ever been to. I LOVE seeing them live. The energy they have while playing fiddle and guitar is just insane. How anyone can bounce like that AND carry a tune is amazing!  Aiden and my brother Devon stayed in the pit most of the show; Grady and I joined them for some dancing later. Grady enjoyed flirting with the girls in the crowd by lifting his shirt and showing off his belly. He's a goof!

After the show, Aiden and I went to the merchandise tent to buy a few CD's and the guys came over after they finished cleaning up. Aiden went up to meet the guys and get his CD signed and Dan recognized him as says

"Hey! It's the piper!"  So they chatted about music a bit, signed Aiden's CD and took a few pictures. It was great. Super, Super nice guys. Can't wait to see them next weekend when we go to the Dublin Irish Festival!

Then the next concert was Seven Nations. They have a song Grady LOVES called "All the People." Grady loves singing it and when we saw them friday night, they didn't sing it because they had a short set due to rain. My mom had an idea to make a sign and Devon made one saying "Please play All the People for my Little Brother Grady."  Aiden held it up while they were in the pit during the show.  The guys from Seven Nations brought AIDEN on stage to hold his sign to the crowd.....then asked if HE wanted to sing the song with them!! It was SO cool seeing Aiden onstage with the band and he sang the whole thing! Grady was in the corner dancing, and holding his sign so after the song, Kirk (the lead singer) brings Grady over, picks him up and Grady grabs the mic and yells "HI!"  The crowd loved it so he did it again! It was too cute!  Such an amazing memory for my boys and I think the guys in Seven Nations enjoyed it as well.

The whole way out of the festival that night, people kept coming up and giving the boys high fives and telling them they did an awesome job. It was so great. Aiden kept saying...."I'm famous now Mom!"

Sadly- I didn't get any pics. I will have to steal some from my mom so I can post and share because they are SO cute!! All in all, it was an amazing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment