Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Liam's Room


With 6 weeks (or less!!) until Liam's arrival, things are finally coming together for his nursery!

I finally settled on a theme; it's going to be based around Thomas Kinkade's Peter Pan from the Disney Series. I found a beautiful (knock off) picture on ebay, along with some fun wall quotes, a beautiful wooden sign saying "second star to the right and straight on till morning." and other fun things on ebay (pictures to follow as we get them in the mail.) I'm super excited! It's something subtle, that matches the existing paint in his room and something he can grow up with for several years.

A few weeks ago I bought a crib off craigslist. It's a $180 crib I got for $50. The downside is the previous occupant was part beaver! I never knew a child could chew down to the wood on a crib before!! But I sanded and painted and glosses and sanded and painted and glossed and now it looks (almost) brand new! I'm very happy with it. Mom and I set it up today, with the crib set we got on sale for $35 due to a small imperfection. I LOVE it!!

My mom and my sister also found a beautiful changing table for sale at Target!



I am anxious to get everything finished in his room. So far, all that's left is washing clothes and putting up the decorations. Plus I need to buy all the little things; small baby essentials, diapers, formula etc etc.

Liam is my little garage sale baby. Almost everything I've gotten for him has either been off craigslist, garage sales or on sale at stores. We found almost all his clothes at garage sales (and my sister found some amazing deals in North Carolina.), his cribs from craigslist, dresser was my husbands, a nearly new sit and stand stroller from garage sale. Anything we've gotten from the store has been on sale.  I'm very proud of how "little" I've spent and the quality of items we've gotten.

More photos to follow as we finish up the decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment