Thursday, September 8, 2011

2 cm

I went to the OB on Tuesday and had my first "check".  I was shocked to find out that at almost 37 weeks, I was already 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced!  I've been having a lot, a lot of braxton hicks, so I shouldn't have been so surprised. It seems everything I do has brought cramping.....walking, sitting, standing.....breathing! But I was still surprised when he said that.

This pregnancy has gone by so very fast. I don't know if it's been because of being busy with 2 active boys, the drama surrounding my life, the fact that this will be my last pregnancy or a combination of them all but time has flown by.

In a lot of ways, I have enjoyed this pregnancy more than the other two. Liam has been much, much more active than Grady and Aiden were. I don't remember feeling Aiden move much at all but I was also very very over weight when pregnant with him.  Grady was very far into my back so I didn't feel hardly any movement.  But not Liam, he has kicked and squirmed and pushed like crazy! It's been a very interesting experience. I've loved every movement (even when he kicks my ribs!)

It's also funny that I had to wait until my last pregnancy to get a belly as well! Like I said, I was over weight with Aiden. Because of Grady's position, I hardly looked pregnant at all....I just had a tiny "pouch".  And now I have an actual hard, protruding, belly button aching belly. It's so strange and wonderful at the same time. I'm very glad I got to experience having a belly. Although it isn't the perfect "basketball" belly I am always so jealous of; I'm enjoying the experience of having my own sticking out belly.....even if it's a slight triangle!

I'm trying not to think about the actual birth part too much. I'm praying it's an easy one like I had with Grady. I had a wonderful epidural and except for the heartburn, I had no discomfort. When it was time to push, he was here in 5 minutes! I'd love another delivery like that! I worry about going into labor on my own, instead of an induction. I want another induction to make sure Brett is there. Chances are, if I go into labor on my own, unless it's a weekend; he won't be there. I want my sister to be there as well and she can't come into town until the 17th.

I am very anxious to meet Liam. I wonder if he will look more like Grady or Aiden (even though they look so much alike as newborns.)  Will he will be laid back (please??) like Grady?  Slightly fussy like Aiden?  Or will he be someone completely different?  I can't wait to see Aiden and Grady with their little brother, especially Grady who has had very little contact with babies. I really hope he doesn't have jealousy issues; he is very much a mommas boy.

So now I wait anxiously as these last few weeks (or days) tick by. I can't wait to meet you little Liam!

No comments:

Post a Comment