Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ohio Scottish Games 2012

Yesterday was Aiden's big day. He's been practicing and preparing all year for it.  The 2012 Ohio Scottish Games! This year Aiden memorized "Scotland the Brave" and "Balmorow" (I honestly have no idea how to spell that so I'm spelling it phonically.)

He was so ready and not nervous at all!



And he ROCKED it!  He competed against 4 other kids. 2 are from his lessons, 1 from Canada and Aiden is the youngest of the group.

And guess what?



Aiden won FIRST!!!



I'm so very proud of him! He's worked so hard this year and improved so much!
Of course we spent all day at the Games and had a bunch of fun!

Liam ate a chocolate cracker and was very happy about it!


Grady got his very own kilt and it matches Aidens! He was super excited! (As was I! I mean, how flipping cute are these two?!)


Liam cheesed it up while waiting for the massed band.


People always make fun of bagpipes but when there is a huge gathering like this, I think it is one of the most beautiful sounds. Hearing 100 pipes playing Amazing Grace always brings goosebumps and tears. It never gets old and is a highlight for me every single year.

And of course we watched big guys in kilts throw trees!  Otherwise known as the Caber Toss!

Sometimes it works better without a shirt. I can't argue....


And this is the Lochaber Pipe Band getting ready for their competition. The man in the blue is Aiden's teacher. He is such a wonderful, nice and patient man!

We had a ton of fun at this years games! I swear, every year it gets better!  Can't wait to see what next year brings....maybe Aiden will be on a set of Pipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment