Friday, April 15, 2011

My birthday and other stuff

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. Yes, I know I'm getting old.

I had a very nice day. My mom took me to lunch at Red Lobster with my grandma and Grady. Man, we stuffed ourselves! Crab and lobster stuffed mushrooms. Tilapia with crab and lobster in this amazing sauce. Chocolate cake. Oh man, I was SO full! I was going to take my boys to Bob Evans for dinner but I was still full at 5:30 I couldn't think about food.

Tonight the boys and I are going to a Cleveland Indians game with our friends. I am excited to take them and hopeful the weather holds out and doesn't get too cold! Have I mentioned yet that I am beyond ready for summer? Ohio springs are terrible. Sunday, it was 83 degrees. Today it's mid- 50's. Give me sun and 80s and I'm a happy girl! I really shouldn't be living in Ohio....

My husband comes home tomorrow. He has been on the road 3 weeks, which is the longest stretch he has been gone in a while, but some really good jobs came his way and it's hard to turn down that many miles. We are going to surprise the boys at stay at Great Wolf Lodge tomorrow night. We have had many stays at Kalahari and Castaway Bay but never an over night at Great Wolf. Brett and I both worked at Kalahari for a time and since he was a lifeguard, he is a total waterpark snob. He thinks anything smaller than Kalahari isn't good enough (and since Kalahari is the biggest indoor resort in the USA.....he doesn't like much). I know I will hear complaints about Great Wolf from him because it is a lot smaller than Kalahari but it is geared towards families with young kids (which we have!). I know he will probably be "bored" but I know the boys are going to have a blast and that's all that matters!!

Hopefully I remember to bring my camera and will have lots of pics to share about our weekend of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment