Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend




I know...I know....it's Wednesday but here's the weekend report.

Memorial Weekend was pretty difficult. My mom and brothers went to North Carolina to visit my sister and it was the first time in almost my whole life that we didn't spend the time together as a family. There's been so many many changes since march that spending a big "family" holiday without them was very difficult.  I pretty much wanted to stay in bed all weekend. But of course, that couldn't happen.

Saturday we went to the "Great American Rib Cook Off" in Cleveland but it might as well been called "Tiny, ghetto rib cookoff". It was a lot smaller than your led to believe. We walked around the whole thing in less than 10 minutes.  I was disappointed in my selection of food (beef brisket sandwich), I had heard on tv it was great but I thought there was way too much fat involved. I wanted to try some ribs but I had already made my choice and didn't want to waste anymore money. The best part was eating a waffle ice cream sandwich. Oh and going home.

On Memorial Day Aiden marched in the parade with the boy scouts. That was a lot of fun for him. It was a short parade but had a decent turn out and he loved it. It was super, super hot too! Felt more like July than May. So after the parade we went out to Soak City (cedar point's waterpark) and cooled off there!

 My beautiful boys before the Parade
 Grady spent his time before the parade saying "Hi!" to everyone who passed.
 Aiden marching with pack 412
 Way to go Aiden!!

Grady trying to stay cool when it was 90 degrees yesterday. We didn't spend much time outside, I didn't want his asthma to get aggravated. He wasn't too happy about spending his afternoon indoors. Thankfully, today is a bit cooler and we're able to get outside more!

No comments:

Post a Comment