Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Birthday....Lego style!

Aiden's two loves in this world are Legos and The Titanic. So of course, his 9th Birthday would be a Lego Theme!


We decorated his table by getting a plain white table cloth and buying a Lego scrapbook kit with stickers that we used as well as cutting out some words for extra decoration.


I found a mold for Lego blocks on Amazon and made chocolate Lego blocks.


I used Cheeze Whiz as glue to hold the tiny cheese pieces (cut with a fondant cutter) on the crackers to make it look like Lego blocks.


Aiden built a Lighthouse for his table. The big card is from the Lego Birthday Set I got off of Lego.com. In it every kid got a special Birthday Lego mini figure, a sheet with tips for Lego building, a Lego design paper and a Lego Builder License. I made the little Lego Head by spray painting a baby food jar (stage 2) yellow and my Mom drew the faces with sharpies.

Of course, we had to have Lego Jello! I made the circles in a seperate dish and then cut out the circles with a larger fondant cutter.


We were in luck that the party store had JUST gotten Lego City party supplies in!


For the gift bags I just bought plain red bags and glued on red circles to make it Lego-like. Inside were the gifts from the Lego Birthday Pack, the Lego Heads, Lego candy, home made Lego rings (legos glued on a ring) a homemade Lego Button and some Lego City toys.




And of course.....A Lego Cake! My Mom made this beautiful cake. Instead of Marshmallows to create the lego bumps (I am very anti marshmallow for little kids....) my Mom made cupcakes and cut the bottoms off to create this look.

And it HAD to be Orange!!






Happy Birthday Aiden! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment