Friday, May 4, 2012

Just a swingin'

The weather had been very wild here in Ohio.  One day it's 80 degrees; 3 days later it's snowing. We've tried to take advantage of every nice day and spend some time outside. I really want the boys to enjoy playing in their yard. It's been a struggle to get Grady in the backyard. He'll play in the front for hours but it's allowed up there alone. But he is so anti-backyard.

So I've started bribing with a sandbox. It's been slow progress but progress. If I'm outside he does very well....but I can't always be out with him. Today was his best day. He went into the backyard by himself several times with me watching from the kitchen and played for a good amount of time. I was excited! Hopefully we can keep building on this!!
A few weeks ago, when we had another heat wave, I introduced Liam to sunglasses and swinging.



He LOVED the sunglasses. But wasn't too sure about the swing.



Grady decided to show him how it was done.



And then we got a few smiles!! He started enjoying the swing a bit more. We're working on full on excitement; just not quite there yet.  Liam's favorite outdoor activity is not swinging....but pulling up grass.

So here's to more warm days! More time pulling grass, digging rocks, riding bike and just swinging!

No comments:

Post a Comment